Review: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and Blush in Incandescent Electra



To start off, can we just take a moment to appreciate how shiny and beautiful the packaging is for these products? Their looks are a bit misleading since the packaging LOOKS like metal, but in actuality are only painted plastic, but still—they're beautiful and look so luxurious. It's probably obvious that I initially fell for these at Sephora counters due to their packaging, however it wasn't enough to get me to splurge $58 on a powder palette. I don't know about you, but before I purchase ANY beauty related product (even drugstore brands), I research the hell out of it. Before I bought the Urban Decay Naked palettes, I watched at least 20 Youtube videos and read probably hundreds of reviews pertaining to them.. even though I knew I loved them. So, similarly, I did a ton of research and self-convincing prior to purchasing the Ambient Lighting Blush in Incandescent Electra, and I convinced my boyfriend to get me the Ambient Lighting Palette from Sephora for our anniversary. ^__^



Ambient Lighting Palette


The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette is known for its natural yet illuminating "high-technology" powders, especially since they're SO finely milled. Like seriously guys, the powders are so soft and silky, it's unbelievable. How finely milled it is could be a pro or con though.

There are three shades total: Dim Light, Incandescent Light (exclusive to this palette), and Radiant Light.



  • Dim Light is described as a "neutral peach beige powder", and is in my opinion, the best shade in this palette to use as an all-over face powder. Dim Light doesn't have shimmer, but it's still very luminous with a satin finish.
  • Incandescent Light is described as a "opalescent pearl powder" that gives a "celestial glow". This is definitely a highlight shade for me due to the shimmer that it has.
  • Radiant Light is described as a "golden beige powder". It has very soft golden shimmers and has peachy-brown hues that is supposed to give a healthy glow to your skin when applied all over.


When blended and applied normally (not heavily swatched like portrayed in the photo), the powders are almost sheer in coverage, so any "glitter" or "shimmer" you find while looking directly at the palette disperses into a soft shimmery glow wherever you apply it. HOWEVER, if you're a lover of extreme highlighting aka pack on Becca SSP Highlighters, then this might not interest you. I'd say that this palette would be most ideal for those that seek the natural "glow from within" look, and not so much the intense strobing trend that's popular right now.

A question that arose when I looked at this palette for the first time was, "How is this palette efficient for every skin tone?" I could understand how someone with darker complexion could pull it off, but the orangey-brown Radiant Light shade in the palette threw me off initially. After playing around with the shade and doing some MORE research, I found that that shade is just as usable for lighter skin tones as the other shades. When applied to the eyes, it becomes a beautiful soft shimmery light brown shade that is perfect for a natural make up look. When applied to the face, it becomes an amazing bronzer or even blush topper, after applying a matte powder.

If you're looking for a daily, luxurious, natural looking highlighter trio, GET IT. You won't regret it. It gives the perfect glow to my face whenever I don't feel like being in everyone's face with my Becca pressed highlighters.



Ambient Lighting Blush in Incandescent Electra



The Ambient Lighting Blush in Incandescent Electra is my new blush baby. SHE IS SO GORGEOUS, inside and out. I was disappointed at the fact that I couldn't get the discontinued Ambient Lighting Blush Palette, so when Incandescent Electra made it to the list of permanent shades, I just needed it in my life. The quality of the blush is the same as the Ambient Lighting Powders mentioned above—incredibly soft and silky. All of the Ambient Lighting Blush series are marbled with various Ambient Lighting Powders, depending on the shade. Amazing isn't it?

Incandescent Electra is described as a "cool peach" and has a satin finish. It's a bit powdery when your brush swirls in the pan at first, but nevertheless, it blends on the skin like a dream. The shimmers from Incandescent Light do not emphasize any pores or skin imperfections when applied on the cheeks, and the lasting power of this blush is solid.


Eeeeeeeeek!

Here's a photo wearing both of the products mentioned.


Sidenote: All photos were taken in natural lighting.

xx
Myu

instagram: @myumew

No comments:

Post a Comment